Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I've been so busy the last few days. Tonight I was determined to make it to my Tuesday night yoga class with Lauralee. What a joy to walk through that door! I quickly unfurled my mat, eagerly folded myself into lotus position, and melted into my mat as I bent forward and let me torso lay across my feet. It felt so good I could have stayed there all night. "I love myself. I love that my body loves me back and enjoys sitting in this position. I love the way it smells in here. I love the soothing music that is playing. I'm grateful I came here tonight even though there's a snow storm raging outside." These were the thoughts that came to me while I relaxed there. As we warmed up and got started in our flow, I felt tingly with joy over how much I love doing yoga. I planted my left foot sturdy to prepare for tree pose, and as my hands rose in namaste, up through my center toward the sky, I focused on Ganesha. "I have everything I want, and want everything I have", is what my heart said to me when images of my children and husband flashed before my eyes. I was missing my daughter Devon. She was going to join me tonight, but remembered at the last minute something else she needed to take care of instead. I decided to just send her all my love from where I was to where she was, and I trusted the Universe would deliver it for me.

I am so grateful for my family, my friends, my work, new opportunities that are presenting themselves, and, of course, for my yoga. I have everything I want, and want everything I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment