Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happiness is being spontaneous! My two girls made spur-of-the-moment decisions today to doing something they wouldn't normally do - and with joyous results!

As Michael and I were busy working away in our office earlier, Bella caming walking through the door! Imagine our surprise! Michael and I turned to each other in tandem with a how-did-she-get-here look. Come to find out, she wanted to surprise us so she walked to the office from our home, which is close, only a couple of miles. Now, even though the snow is melting, this isn't my idea of fun, as I dreadfully dislike the cold. She was digging around in her bag, mumbling "I brought you something", and out comes a warmed up bagel wrapped in a paper towel. She thought we might want a snack, she says! The thoughtfulness of her gesture, combined with walking in the cold to bring it to us, put the biggest smile on my face.

Tonight after dinner, Devon and Luke (her boyfriend), decided they were going to go to the last basketball game at their high school to celebrate with friends....wearing TOGAS!!! I thought this was hilarious, and couldn't believe they'd do that in this weather (again the cold)!! Pretty soon, the front door opens and one by one, friends and more Carlson cousin's pour in so they can all get togafied together. Someone came to retrieve my laptop to watch what I was told was a very helpful video on YouTube on how to make a toga (keep that in mind if you're ever needing a toga). Squeals of laughter came roaring from downstairs, but they were having so much fun, I saw no need to tell them to quiet down. Devon came upstairs to quietly tell me she wasn't sure if she wanted to go because it was at 7:30. When I asked her why she said, "Mom that's my bedtime - you know how I am"! I told her she could come home from school tomorrow and go right to bed if she needed to but that this was clearly way too much fun to pass up. She relented and I know she's having a blast. Thank goodness we don't always talk ourselves out of the fun in life!

More fun to come: only 31 more days until Memphis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment